“The most difficult times for many of us are the ones we give ourselves.” -Pema Chodron, When Things Fall Apart
The beautiful practicality of her teaching has made Pema Chödrön one of the most beloved of contemporary American spiritual authors among Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike. A collection of talks she gave between 1987 and 1994, the book is a treasury of wisdom for going on living when we are overcome by pain and difficulties. Chödrön discusses:
• Using painful emotions to cultivate wisdom, compassion, and courage
• Communicating so as to encourage others to open up rather than shut down
• Practices for reversing habitual patterns
• Methods for working with chaotic situations
• Ways for creating effective social action
When: Saturday, November 21st @ 3pm
Where: Blackbird Blessings 2 Rocky Gutter Street, Middleboro, MA
Outside (weather permitting)
You will have access to the bathroom inside at any time.
I'll be providing tea, water, and dessert.
Things to Bring:
A lawn chair or blanket to sit on
1 or 2 passages to discuss if it really resonated with you. No one is obligated to talk.